Though many people are keen on looking trendy as they workout, your workout clothes should focus more on comfort and fit than on fashion so if you’re lucky enough to get an outfit that combines the two aspects, the better for you. The success of your workout depends on what you wear. Getting to squat or jump through an intense workout is difficult, but it can be made harder if you have to keep stopping after every rep to adjust loose leggings or an ill-fitting sports bra.
It’s time to stop wasting your money on the wrong gear. Below are some tips you can follow to get the best workout clothes for different purposes:
The choice of material will determine how you’ll feel throughout your workout. While some elements hold on to sweat, others wick away moisture from your body.
• Cotton is the best for low-intensity workouts. Because of its ability to soak up sweat like a sponge, it’s not ideal for sweaty workouts. The advantage of cotton is that unlike other fabrics, it doesn’t emit a stinky smell after a workout.
• Wicking fabrics are the best in getting rid of sweat. Often made from materials such as bamboo, nylon and spandex, wicking fabrics lower the body temperature during workouts in hot areas.
• Select the right outfit for outdoor workouts. During the winter season, a moisture-wicking layer like polypropylene is the best while in the summer, look for clothes made from polyester.
Workout clothes should neither be too tight or too loose as they’re likely to be a hindrance during workouts.
• What’s the perfect fit? That can only be determined if you try on workout clothes before buying them. Consider the degree of motion you’ll have in the workout gear. If you settle on loose clothing, consider a tight moisture- wicking garment underneath.
• Before picking the outfit, know what type of workout you’re doing. Intense workouts that require more movement need clothes made of spandex since they’re stretchy and provide for move support and motion.
• Get the gear that suits your body type. It’s not uncommon to see people with shorter legs, tripping over long pants or those with huge busts suffocating sports bras. Men interested in attacking their moobs can also learn how to get rid of man breast in a month by going beyond their comfort zones and willing to make some changes. Nowadays, there are even plus size garment options to fit each body perfectly.
• Choose moisture-wicking fabrics. Even your down below sweats during intense workouts. In this case, light wear from wicking fabrics can do.
• A comfortable sports bra for women is vital for high-impact exercises. Besides keeping sweat at bay, they also provide excellent support.
• Don’t forget about your feet! Funny as it may sound, socks are always an afterthought. Avoid cotton socks and replace them with those made of nylon or a blend of wool. Both allow your feet to breathe while wicking away sweat.
The nature of the workouts – either high or low intensity will ultimately determine the workout clothes for particular purposes. Besides getting the perfect fit, overall comfort as you sweat is also essential. Luckily, with so many companies offering affordable performance apparel, finding the right clothes for your body type is now easier than ever!